Paradise Private Hospital (PPH) is one of Papua New Guinea’s most respected private healthcare facilities, renowned for its commitment to clinic excellence, specialized health care services, and exceptional physicians and staff. From humble beginnings, Paradise Private Hospital provides comprehensive medical and specialised healthcare services with new, and improved, facilities and offerings to meet the growing needs of our customers.
The Hospital is located along Taurama Road in the growing metropolis of Port Moresby – the capital city and international gateway to Papua New Guinea, affectionately known as “the melting pot” of PNG’s diverse people and human cultures.
PPH is the first, and only, fully fledged Papua New Guinean-owned private hospital in the country – owned and operated by Dr Robin Sios OBE and wife, Janet Sios. Together, they lead a team of dedicated professionals; guided by a strong customer-centric philosophy and a shared vision of going beyond healthcare, in both service delivery and customer relations. PPH continues to serve communities with distinction and is the healthcare provider of choice for generations of families that have grown with our establishment.
Paradise Private Hospital recognize that its employees remain the most important assets of the company and continues to work towards upskilling, training and motivating employees. The hospital currently has a workforce of up to 128 employees to support the 24 hour operations of the hospital.
- 14 full time doctors including full-time Obstetrician & Gynaecologist specialists
- Pathologists and 4 laboratory technicians
- Radiologist and 2 Radiographers for the X-RAY and Ultrasound Division
- 10 visiting specialists from Port Moresby General Hospital providing locum and are all lecturers at the School of Medicine and health sciences (surgeons, internal physician and Obstetrician & Gynaecologist)
- 40 nurses
- 10 Midwives
- 15 Community Health Workers (CHWs)
- 21 Administration staff
- Transport personnel
- Security personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Cleaning (housekeeping) staff
- Day Care Ward
- Well Baby Clinic
- Small Operating Theatre
- Operating Theatre
EMERGENCY AND CRITICAL CARE DEPARTMENT
- Accidents and Emergency
- General Ward
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Clinical Care
CLINICAL SUPPORT SERVICES
OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY (O&G)
- Labour Ward
- Family Planning
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
- HR and Payroll
- Front Office